Just when we thought that summer wasn’t ever going to end, a frosty little cold front has reared its head and now it’s time to admit that winter has well and truly arrived. As far as we're concerned, this is marvellous news, because we have a few AW17 accessories we’ve been itching to take for a spin.
To get you in the mood to do the same, we’ve decided to share our 4 favourite scarf hacks for Winter 2017. These nifty tricks will allow you to dress up multiple outfits throughout the season without ever having to duplicate a look!
4 NIFTY SCARF HACKS TO UP YOUR ACCESSORIES GAME
The Belted Blanket
This one is great for those oversized scarves that can easily double as a cosy reading blanket. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Fold your scarf in half diagonally.
- Throw it over your shoulders with the ends hanging down your front.
- Tie a belt around the middle. Et voila!
The Secret Shrug
This hack works best with a floaty, light-weight scarf, and can be used to dress up a slightly boring outfit without too much fuss:
- Fold your scarf down the middle lengthwise.
- Tie the corners at each end in a single knot, leaving enough space for your hand and wrist to pass through.
- Slip your hands through the openings at each end and drape the middle bit casually over your shoulders. Boom!
The Samurai Sash
This idea works best with a mid-size, silky scarf. Choose a printed scarf if your outfit is monochrome, and vice versa.
- Fold our scarf down the middle lengthwise.
- Wrap around your waist.
- Tie the ends in a low double knot.
The Brave Braid
This hack is best executed with a scarf you’ve had for a while and won’t mind cutting up a little bit.
- Lay your scarf out on the table and mark the middle.
- Choose one half, and cut this part in three equal pieces lengthwise, using fabric scissors and leaving it attached at the middle of the scarf.
- Braid the three pieces, tying it in a knot at the end.
- Twist the remaining half of the scarf a few times and tie the end of it to the braided end of the scarf.
- Slip it over your head, twist it around once and wear it as a statement neck piece.
These are just four of the fun things you can do with your Old Khaki scarf. Keep an eye on our blog for more styling tips and fashion advice in coming weeks and months!